For best protection against flu, people are advised to get the flu vaccine in late autumn.
Private Flu Vaccines
We have in stock a quantity of Private flu Vaccines for anyone wanting to have the flu shot not meeting the criteria for the fully funded vaccines. These are available now and cost $20 per vaccine. Your GP will know when to provide you with vaccination, to ensure you have the best possible protection. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Free Flu vaccines
Free influenza vaccine is available under the National Immunisation Program (NIP) for people in the following risk groups:
Older adults (65+)
People aged 6 months and over with medical conditions that can lead to complications from influenza, such as:
- COPD and other lung conditions
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
- Impaired immunity such as HIV infection
- Malignant cancers
- Chronic neurological disorders
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities are also at increased risk of severe complications from influenza.